Best practices for text templates including benchmarks for opens, clicks, and conversion rates
If you send feedback requests to your contacts, you want the conversion rate to be as high as possible. This article explains how you can create a text template that is optimized for conversion.
Optimize your conversion
To increase the conversion rate, make sure your text campaign follows the following aspects:
- Keep your message clear and short
- Use emoticons by copy/pasting them into the content area :-)
- Make it personal
- Personally address receiver
- Provide a call to action (link to form)
- Personalize sender (may consist of 11 characters)
This is a good example of a text message that fits the criteria of a text campaign that is optimized for conversion:
When you are creating the text campaign, you can click on View example to get an idea what the text will look like on the phone of the receiver:
Benchmarks: opens, clicks and conversion rate
- The average open rate of feedback requests by text is 98% within 2 minutes
- The average open rate of feedback requests by test is almost 100% after 24 hours
- The average click rate of a text campaign is 36%
- The average conversion rate of a text campaign is 33%
You can use the dynamic content fields to make your text more personal. Read more about these dynamic fields here.
Bonus: add emoticons to improve conversion even more!
Add emoticons to increase your conversion rate. Emoticons make your text more personal and you can add some emotion to your feedback requests.
You can copy/paste the emoticons below into your text campaign:
🚀 😘 😂 😄 😊 😍 😘 😇 👍🏻 👎🏻 🙌🏻 💪🏻 ⭐ ✨ 💥 🎉 ❤ ✏
Set up or optimise your text campaign now or check out how to create an email campaign that is optimised for conversion.