In Ratecard you can add contacts so they receive a one time, recurring or event-based campaign. In order to personalise your email and SMS campaigns, you can add smart fields to your groups. These smart fields can enhance contact data with information from 1,000+ apps and tools via Zapier. Here's how it works.
Step 1: Add smart fields to your group within Ratecard
In order to be able to fill the smart fields of your contacts to be added from one of the 1,000 apps and tools that Zapier support, you first need... smart fields, of course. Sign in to your Ratecard account, and go to your address book. Here, you can add a group or edit an existing group. Now you can add smart fields. Make sure you:
- Add a field name, e.g. "Owner"
- Choose or fill in a default value, e.g. yourself as the default owner
- Give your tag a custom name, e.g. %owner%
You can add different types of fields: one or more team member fields, department fields, text fields, date fields and language fields. Now you can move on to step 2.
Step 2: Configure your Zap within Zapier
By integrating your Zapier and Ratecard accounts, you can benefit from adding or updating contacts from 1,000+ apps and tools. After you've created a Zap, follow these steps to make sure you've added all the contact data you need to personalise your email and SMS campaigns. Next, you can fill the smart fields via the JSON format. Make sure you've added these smart fields to the Ratecard group you've selected earlier. Copy and paste the code below to make a head start:
"jobtitle": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"jobid": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"company": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"source": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"startdate": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"enddate": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"language": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"owner": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"attnd": "INSERT FIELD HERE",
"department": "INSERT FIELD HERE"
There are a few important things to remember when setting up your smart fields template within Zapier:
- Make sure you've used the custom or default tag names that are available within your group in Ratecard, e.g. jobtitle, jobid, company, source, startdate, enddate, language, owner, attnd, departments in the example code above
- Make sure you've replaced "INSERT FIELD HERE" with the field(s) you'd like to use as a value for your new contact in Ratecard
- If you use a "team members" smart field, make sure you fill it with the email address of a team member that is added in your Ratecard account. The value should be a valid and know email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you use a "departments" smart field, make sure you fill it with the exact name of the department as added in your Ratecard account, e.g. "HR" or "Accounts"
After you've finished your code in JSON format, it should look like this:
Figure 1: How to add smart fields to a contact via Zapier
If you're interested in collecting feedback and/or reviews on autopilot via Ratecard and Zapier, please let us know. Not a customer of Zapier or Ratecard yet? Don't worry, you can schedule a free demo via Ratecard or Zapier, or you could set up a free trial at Ratecard so you can test the waters without any risks. Check out all Ratecard integrations via Zapier here, or make use of one of these Ratecard + Zapier integrations:
Please sign in to leave a comment.